Reportedly the delhi High Court has rejected former Union finance minister P chidambaram's anticipatory plea for protection from arrest in the INX Media case. Meanwhile chidambaram’s lawyers on Tuesday asked for three-day stay and interim protection from arrest with both the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) opposing his plea saying the Congress leader was required for custodial interrogation.
Furthermore following the rejection of the anticipatory bail plea, P Chidambram lawyers are likely to approach the Supreme Court. Justice Sunil Gaur, who delivered the judgment, had reserved the order on January 25. In 2007, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had registered an FIR alleging irregularities in the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance given to INX Media to the tune of Rs 305 crore in 2007 when chidambaram was the Union finance minister.
Moreover based on the FIR, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) had filed a Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) case against him. Apparently chidambaram's son Karti has also been named in the two cases. He was arrested on February 28, 2018 by the CBI and was later released on bail and the ED had attached properties belonging to him. Previously on July 4, a delhi court had allowed Indrani Mukerjea, the former head of the INX Media, to turn an approver in the CBI case. Hence the agency had submitted that it has come across evidence in the form of conversations which only Indrani Mukerjea is privy to and will help consolidate the case.
Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM Hyderabad sources reported that the Telangana government on Thursday announced a 28 per cent share in the profit of Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) to its employees for 2018-19. Recently Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao announced in the state legislative Assembly that each employee will get a bonus of Rs 1,00,899, which is Rs 40,530 more than the last year's bonus
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream
- Nirmala Seetharaman to slash corporate tax rate for Domestic Firms
- Jagan Trying to Take Revenge on Pawan Kalyan
- Jagan and KCR to Meet After Three Months Gap
- Telangana planning to declare 2020 as AI Year
- Nirmala Seetharaman said Centre asked PSBs to Lend More
- How Sekhar Reddy Managed To Comeback to TTD Board?
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Andhra Pradesh boat accident: Toll reaches 11 after tourist vessel capsized in Godavari River; rescue ops to resume today
- Naidu requests CBI test in conditions prompting ex-Andhra Pradesh speaker's suicide
- Now (SCCL) Telangana company is giving Rs 1.01 lakh Dussera bonus to every employee
- CHANCES OF HEAVY RAINS OVER TELANGANA AND ANDHRA PRADESH TODAY
- A student ended up in a hospital after a Jackpot scuffle in 652 357 rupees.
- Orange Alert Today in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana