Reportedly more than 10,000 people living in low lying areas along the yamuna in delhi were evacuated by government agencies as the river breached the danger mark on Monday evening. The officials said "In view of rising level of Yamuna, around 10,000 people have been evacuated from floodplain and shifted to relief tents erected by the administration".
When addressing a press conference, the chief minister said that more than 23,800 people will be required to be moved out from low-lying areas, according to official estimates. Furthermore as yamuna river has crossed the danger mark in delhi, the government has asked people living in the low-lying areas to vacate their houses and move to safer places or flood relief camps. Perhaps the AAP government has set up tents for the displaced at opposite the Chilla village near Mayur vihar extension.
Moreover around 80 tents had been set up by Monday afternoon. Perhaps there was a delhi Jal Board tanker and also portable washrooms to provide people with basic amenities and arrangements for their food were also being made. Moreover Kailash Mansarovar Yatra through traditional Lipulekh route halted due to incessant rain in the higher reaches of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand. Apparently the 18th batch, which was to leave from New delhi, had asked not to start till the weather improves. Batches already on the move have also been stopped at safer places en route.
AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls Chennai sources stated that the AIADMK had announced its nominees for the October 21 Assembly by-polls to two seats in Tamilnadu, which could well be a battle of pride for the ruling party. Meanwhile AIADMK Coordinator O Pannneerselvam and Joint Coordinator K Palaniswami announced the candidature of M R Muthamilselvan and V Narayanan for Vikravandi and Nanguneri constituencies, respectively.
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam