According to a press release by the Ministry of Home Affairs the high- level committee headed by Union Home Minister amit shah has approved an additional central assistance to 3 states which experienced natural disasters in 2018. A total of Rs 4432.10 crore has been approved for Karnataka, Himachal Pradesh and Odisha. Meanwhile for Karnataka, which experienced drought last year, Rs 1029.39 crore has been approved by the committee.
Further, Rs 3338.22 crore was allocated to Odisha for the devastating cyclone Fani which hit the state in April 2019 and Rs 64.49 crore was announced for Himachal Pradesh, which saw landslides and avalanches. Apparently an amount of Rs 668 crore was released in advance from the SDRF to other disaster hit states such as Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal, the press release announced. The MHA Press release confirmed “This additional assistance is over and above the funds released by the Centre to the states in the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) already placed at the disposal of the States. During 2018-19, the Centre had released Rs 9568 crore to all states and during 2019-20, till date the centre has released Rs 6104 to 24 states from SDRF".
Moreover the committee also decided to immediately constitute and dispatch Inter Ministerial Central Teams (IMCTs) to assess the damage caused to 11 states, including kerala, which witnessed heavy rains and floods in 2019.
Is banning banner culture not an easy task in Tamilnadu? Chennai sources stated that “Let my daughter be the last victim of the banner culture”, pleaded Subhasri’s father when DMK president Stalin visited the grieving family to condole her gruesome death after being hit by a loose banner and run over by a speeding truck from behind.
- PM Modi confident that Howdy Modi will develop new ties between India & US
- P Chidambaram complaints about various ailments, No Chair No Pillow in Tihar Jail
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Nirmala Seetharaman to slash corporate tax rate for Domestic Firms
- Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream
- Pon Radhakrishnan advocated for recognition of Tamil as national language
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM
- Houston weather update ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Howdy Modi
- Why this TN Man garlanded Periyar poster with slippers & throw Cow dung on it?
- State moves to stall auction of prime Jagir land in Hafeezpet
- Uber ride request not been fulfilled during peak hours in Bengaluru
- Exempt from court presence: Jagan
- Parents of CBIT students take fee woes to panel
- T govt welcomes FMs steps on economy