As per report the troubled private airline Jet Airways may go into liquidation since no serious offer has been received for the airline that has run up huge debts and its operations have been shut for over four months and there were some expressions of interest received by the Committee of Creditors (CoC) and the resolution professional (RP). However, most of them either withdrew or conveyed their decision not to pursue with the case.
Furthermore some of the serious contenders were Etihad Airline which already had an association with Jet Airways under Naresh Goyal. Meanwhile the Vedanta Group’s Volcan Investments was another company that showed interest but backed out and apart from these there were hardly any proposals worth being taken up at the level of CoC.
Moreover in terms of the timeframe, the judge hearing the Jet Airways case had given a 90-day window to the CoC to find a buyer for the airline and this was in June and that 90-day period gets over in the next few days. The creditors are expected to meet shortly and as on date it appears the only option in front of them will be to bind the airline over for insolvency. Presently the question that many interested observers are asking is what happens to the creditors are not of Indian origin and whether they would be bound by the running of the National Company Law Tribunal in such matters?
Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result? Huzurnagar bye-election and RTC strike make TRS cadre unhappy and inconvenience to the government. KCR’s campaign for Huzurnagar election was cancelled because of unexpected downpour in Nalgonda district.
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved