As per report Amazon india on Wednesday inaugurated the largest company owned campus, worldwide, in hyderabad, the only one outside the US. Meanwhile the e-commerce firm will house more than 15,000 employees out of the over 62,000 members of the india team. Furthermore the move is part of Amazon’s expansion plans in india, where retail markets are still to a large extent driven by traditional neighborhood stores.
Amit Agarwal, senior vice-president and country manager, Amazon india said “Over the last 15 years we have invested significantly in india across 30 office spaces, the AWS (Amazon Web Services) APAC (Asia Pacific) Region in mumbai, 50 fulfillment centres in 13 states, as well as hundreds of delivery stations and sort centres, creating nearly 200,000 jobs in india”. Furthermore Amazon’s new campus building, located in hyderabad’s financial district near Hi-Tech city, is also a step towards countering Walmart Inc., which had acquired india’s largest e-commerce firm Flipkart last year and the new campus is spread over 9.5 acres, and is its largest tech base outside the Seattle headquarters, which has about 155,000 contract employees.
Moreover Telangana is home to one-third of Amazon’s total
india employee base across six offices, including
the new campus building and the e-commerce giant has three fulfillment centres in the state, offering more than
3.2 million cubic feet of storage space to sellers, two sort centres with
100,000 sq. ft of processing capacity and 90 delivery stations.
Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result? Huzurnagar bye-election and RTC strike make TRS cadre unhappy and inconvenience to the government. KCR’s campaign for Huzurnagar election was cancelled because of unexpected downpour in Nalgonda district.
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved