According to sources leaders from Tamilnadu have reacted to the late-night arrest of former Union Minister P chidambaram on Wednesday, with the DMK calling it an act of political vendetta. Meanwhile the AIADMK has expressed its wish that the law be allowed to do its job. chidambaram was arrested amidst high drama on Wednesday night with officials of the CBI scaling the walls of his home and whisking him away in a car sometime later. Further Congress cadre staged a demonstration before the Jor Bagh residence of the senior party leader who had returned home after a press conference at the AICC headquarters.
Perhaps calling it political vendetta, DMK chief and Leader of Opposition in Tamilnadu MK Stalin said, “I have clearly come to know that these events are happening for political vendetta. P chidambaram is a legal expert. Therefore, he will definitely face this legally.” Meanwhile VCK chief Thol Thirumavalavan said the arrest was motivated by the intention to undermine the Congress. “This is an act of vengeance. By deliberately arresting P chidambaram, the senior Congress leader, they have undertaken a political act to weaken and undermine the Congress.
Furthermore protests erupted in different parts of Tamilnadu against the arrest of P chidambaram. In Chennai, Congress party workers assembled in front of TNCC headquarters Sathyamoorthy Bhavan, Anna Nagar and in Adyar and raised slogans against the arrest.
Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar Minister for water resources, P Anil Kumar, discounted the allegations of TDP on reverse tendering in Polavaram Project. The minister said that the YSR Congress-led state government created history by saving Rs 59 crore and asserted that it had also exposed the corrupt deals of the TDP
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?
- This Telangana Man drowned in stream while taking TikTok Video
- US President Trump to deliver 30 minutes speech at Houston
- Mexico downgraded to a tropical storm & regained hurricane strength