According to sources leaders from Tamilnadu have reacted to the late-night arrest of former Union Minister P chidambaram on Wednesday, with the DMK calling it an act of political vendetta. Meanwhile the AIADMK has expressed its wish that the law be allowed to do its job. chidambaram was arrested amidst high drama on Wednesday night with officials of the CBI scaling the walls of his home and whisking him away in a car sometime later. Further Congress cadre staged a demonstration before the Jor Bagh residence of the senior party leader who had returned home after a press conference at the AICC headquarters.
Perhaps calling it political vendetta, DMK chief and Leader of Opposition in Tamilnadu MK Stalin said, “I have clearly come to know that these events are happening for political vendetta. P chidambaram is a legal expert. Therefore, he will definitely face this legally.” Meanwhile VCK chief Thol Thirumavalavan said the arrest was motivated by the intention to undermine the Congress. “This is an act of vengeance. By deliberately arresting P chidambaram, the senior Congress leader, they have undertaken a political act to weaken and undermine the Congress.
Furthermore protests erupted in different parts of Tamilnadu against the arrest of P chidambaram. In Chennai, Congress party workers assembled in front of TNCC headquarters Sathyamoorthy Bhavan, Anna Nagar and in Adyar and raised slogans against the arrest.
Donald Trump be addressing Houston rally 'Howdy, Modi' alongside PM Modi on September 22 Reportedly US President Donald Trump will be joining PM Narendra Modi at a mega event in Houston named "Howdy, Modi!". Meanwhile the September 22 event will be the first time a US president and Indian Prime Minister will be addressing a joint rally.
- Kodela's Death Due to Heart Attack or Suicide?
- NASA trying to establish communication with Vikram Lander
- Kodela Siva Prasad Rao passes away!
- Lions found roaming freely in city of Junagadh Gujarat
- Hyderabad cops giving helmet instead of challan
- Which is dead project? Amaravati or Kaleswaram!
- Why Mumbai IT gives notices to Mukesh Ambani's family under Black Money Act?
- Osama Bin Laden's Son's death confirmed by Trump
- Kollywood Actors asks Fans not to keep hoardings during Movie release
- Confederation of All India Traders claims festive sales ban of Amazon & Flipkart
- Aadhaar authentication or physical verification mandatory for new dealers from January 2020
- 3400 illegal hoardings removed in Chennai after the death of Subhashree
- WhatsApp helpline Services soon in Hyderabad Metro
- Kerala's CPI (M) & Congress voiced their opposition against One Language One Nation
- Chennai Metro holds a trial run with 2.5 minutes frequency of trains