Reportedly Reliance Jio has added 44 million active subscribers over the past six months, while Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea have lost 20 million and 68 million clients, respectively, most likely due to the introduction of minimum recharge plans, said a report from broking firm CLSA. Meanwhile Jio leads with 52% share among 3G/4G users, Bharti's share has been stable at 23%, but Bharti's incremental market share in 3G/4G additions during January-June has been much higher at 38%.
Furthermore the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) of india had reported that in June, mobile subscriber base increased by 4 million to 1,165 million, yet the active subscriber base declined by 6 million to 984 million. Reportedly with india mobile phone mart headed to a 2-3 player market and a recovery in sector revenues, driven by stability in tariffs and rising data adoption, we remain positive on Jio and Bharti Airtel given strong market-share defense and inevitable turn in revenues," CLSA said.
Perhaps Vodafone Idea's out-of-control gearing also remains a key concern, CLSA said. Moreover the report says the 3G/4G penetration is at 50 per cent and Vodafone Idea is lagging on this. In June, the sector added 13 million 3G/4G clients, taking the subscriber base to 576 million. 3G/4G subscribers now form 49 per cent of the reported mobile subscriber base.
Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result? Huzurnagar bye-election and RTC strike make TRS cadre unhappy and inconvenience to the government. KCR’s campaign for Huzurnagar election was cancelled because of unexpected downpour in Nalgonda district.
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved