As per report from New delhi a pregnant woman and her family spent an entire night on a tree to save themselves from the waters of the overflowing yamuna that submerged their hut in Usmanpur area of New delhi. Meanwhile scared witless when the floodwaters entered her house, Noorjahan used a pile of wood to climb the tree to save herself and her two children. When her husband, Jahangir, a rickshaw puller, managed to get back home late in the night he too took shelter on the tree.
Reports stated the family spent the entire night there and called up police only at 11 am on Wednesday, a government official said. Apparently a team of policemen and doctors rushed to the spot and rescued the family around 12 noon. Furthermore Noorjahan said that she couldn't dial her husband as she was too frightened to able to think clearly.
Moreover water level of the yamuna started receding on Wednesday, but the river still continues to flow above the danger mark. According to the Flood Control Room, the water level came down to 206.50 metres at 5 pm from 206.60 metres at 2 pm and the river breached the danger mark of 205.33 metres on Monday. Perhaps officials said due to inundation of low-lying areas, over 15,000 people living in yamuna floodplains have been shifted to tents set up by various government agencies.
Kerala Transport Minister pens to Union Minister about increase in fines Sources from Thiruvananthapuram stated that Kerala Transport Minister AK Saseendran will write to Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, for more clarity on the increase in fines under the amended Motor Vehicles Act 2019. He told reporters "We are prepared to wait for some more days until there is clarity on the issue from the Centre".
- Will there be Lorry strike in Tamilnadu on September 19 due to hefty fines?
- PM Modi sought public to share ideas for September 22 speech at Houston 'Howdy Modi'
- New Version of Narendra Modi App launched ahead of PM Modis Birthday
- How does PM Narendra Modi's Report Card reads on his Birthday?
- Who killed Kodela?
- Remembering our PM Narendra Modi on his 69th BIRTHDAY
- This Bengaluru Man designed air conditioned helmets for bike riders
- Kamal Hassan slams Amit Shah's One Language One Nation remark
- Golden toilet stolen from magnificent home in England
- P Chidambaram turned 74 in Tihar Jail
- Why J&K Governor met PM Narendra Modi?
- Leopard enters house in Karnataka village, takes away Dog
- Flood alert given to 4, 400 areas in Tamilnadu
- Subhasri's Mother demands action for the death of her daughter
- NASA probe to fly over Vikram landing site on Moon