As per report from New delhi a pregnant woman and her family spent an entire night on a tree to save themselves from the waters of the overflowing yamuna that submerged their hut in Usmanpur area of New delhi. Meanwhile scared witless when the floodwaters entered her house, Noorjahan used a pile of wood to climb the tree to save herself and her two children. When her husband, Jahangir, a rickshaw puller, managed to get back home late in the night he too took shelter on the tree.
Reports stated the family spent the entire night there and called up police only at 11 am on Wednesday, a government official said. Apparently a team of policemen and doctors rushed to the spot and rescued the family around 12 noon. Furthermore Noorjahan said that she couldn't dial her husband as she was too frightened to able to think clearly.
Moreover water level of the yamuna started receding on Wednesday, but the river still continues to flow above the danger mark. According to the Flood Control Room, the water level came down to 206.50 metres at 5 pm from 206.60 metres at 2 pm and the river breached the danger mark of 205.33 metres on Monday. Perhaps officials said due to inundation of low-lying areas, over 15,000 people living in yamuna floodplains have been shifted to tents set up by various government agencies.
How Sekhar Reddy Managed To Comeback to TTD Board? Jagan Government nominated seven special invitees to the Board and, in the process, ran into controversy for nominating AJ Sekhar (J Sekhar Reddy). He is a sand mining baron who was arrested for being in possession of huge amounts of new Rs 2,000 notes post-demonetization during I-T raids.
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Andhra Pradesh boat accident: Toll reaches 11 after tourist vessel capsized in Godavari River; rescue ops to resume today
- Naidu requests CBI test in conditions prompting ex-Andhra Pradesh speaker's suicide
- Now (SCCL) Telangana company is giving Rs 1.01 lakh Dussera bonus to every employee
- CHANCES OF HEAVY RAINS OVER TELANGANA AND ANDHRA PRADESH TODAY
- A student ended up in a hospital after a Jackpot scuffle in 652 357 rupees.
- Orange Alert Today in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana
- P Chidambaram complaints about various ailments, No Chair No Pillow in Tihar Jail
- Is banning banner culture not an easy task in Tamilnadu?
- Nationwide strike by Tamilnadu Truckers against MV Act
- BJP Leader Swami Chinmayanand arrested in rape case
- Telangana high court slaps 50,000 rs fine for false petition
- Naidu wants CBI to probe Kodelas suicide.
- We are doing our best to control viral fever epidemic in state
- TRS, BJP, Congress, Devarakonda and Uranium Politics!