Reportedly the CBI has expanded the probe against former finance minister P chidambaram, bringing under its ambit foreign investment clearances given to companies other than INX media during his tenure. Meanwhile the CBI suspects that Chidamabaram and his son Karti also received kickbacks from other companies to facilitate foreign investment clearances through the FIPB route which necessitates the former minister's custodial interrogation.
Meanwhile Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, G Kishan Reddy has said that the case against chidambaram will take its own course of action. Perhaps the Union Minister condemned the comments of the congress, claiming that the BJP is indulging in vendetta politics. Further Kishan Reddy said that there is no role of the government or the BJP with regard to chidambaram’s arrest.
Moreover a CBI spokesperson earlier said chidambaram was arrested on the basis of a warrant issued by a competent court. Sources said after his arrest, doctors from the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital conducted his medical examination at the CBI headquarters. chidambaram was kept overnight in the No. 5 suite of the CBI Guest House on the ground floor of the agency headquarters. CBI Got chidambaram's Custody because allegations against chidambaram are serious, case requires in-depth and detailed investigation, money trail needs to be ascertained, enormity of money require in-depth probe and custodial interrogation may be useful and fruitful.
Big eye-screening drive across the state from Oct 10 Vijayawada: Come October 10, World Sight Day, the state government will launch a massive eye screening drive across the state. A fund of Rs 560.89 crore has already been released for the Dr YSR Kanti Velugu. The amount has already been given to the commissioner of the AP Vaidya Vidhana Parishad and he has been directed to launch the programme across the state.
- Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?
- This Telangana Man drowned in stream while taking TikTok Video
- US President Trump to deliver 30 minutes speech at Houston