Reportedly the CBI has expanded the probe against former finance minister P chidambaram, bringing under its ambit foreign investment clearances given to companies other than INX media during his tenure. Meanwhile the CBI suspects that Chidamabaram and his son Karti also received kickbacks from other companies to facilitate foreign investment clearances through the FIPB route which necessitates the former minister's custodial interrogation.
Meanwhile Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, G Kishan Reddy has said that the case against chidambaram will take its own course of action. Perhaps the Union Minister condemned the comments of the congress, claiming that the BJP is indulging in vendetta politics. Further Kishan Reddy said that there is no role of the government or the BJP with regard to chidambaram’s arrest.
Moreover a CBI spokesperson earlier said chidambaram was arrested on the basis of a warrant issued by a competent court. Sources said after his arrest, doctors from the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital conducted his medical examination at the CBI headquarters. chidambaram was kept overnight in the No. 5 suite of the CBI Guest House on the ground floor of the agency headquarters. CBI Got chidambaram's Custody because allegations against chidambaram are serious, case requires in-depth and detailed investigation, money trail needs to be ascertained, enormity of money require in-depth probe and custodial interrogation may be useful and fruitful.
Chennai Metro hiked tanker price Reportedly days after the northeast monsoon set in across Tamilnadu, Chennai Metrowater has decided to hike the price of water loads plied to the city and no public announcement was made in this regard, taking many consumers by surprise when they received a greater bill amount than usual. Accordingly a tanker with a capacity of 9,000 litres has gone from Rs 700 to Rs 735.
- 60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases?
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case