As per report india has been ranked most unhealthy country when it comes to consuming packaged foods and drinks. It was published in the journal Obesity Reviews, the survey ranked india lowest among 12 countries. The UK was placed at top position while the US and australia were ranked at number two and three positions respectively and the conclusion was drawn after the researchers analyzed more than 400,000 food and drink products from 12 countries and territories around the world. Furthermore the survey highlights the high levels of sugar, saturated fat, salt and calories/kJ in several of Indian food items.
Study lead author Elizabeth Dunford from the George Institute for Global health said “Our results show that some countries are doing a much better job than others. Unfortunately, it’s the poorer nations that are least able to address the adverse health consequences that have the unhealthiest foods”. She added “Billions of people are now exposed to very unhealthy foods on a daily basis. The obesity crisis is just the first ripple of a tsunami of dietary ill health that is coming for us”.
Moreover the countries were ranked using australia’s health Star Rating system which measures the levels of the nutrients such as energy, salt, sugar, saturated fat as well as protein, calcium and fibre and assigns a star rating from half least healthy to five the most healthy.
Land acquisition for Salur bypass speeded up Visakhapatnam: The land acquisition process for the proposed Salur bypass project is being speeded up with another four acres of land remaining to be acquired. The National Highway (NH)-43, which passes through Salur town in Vizianagaram district, has been a traffic choke point for over two decades due to heavy vehicular movement along the road.
- Big eye-screening drive across the state from Oct 10
- Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?
- This Telangana Man drowned in stream while taking TikTok Video