According to sources Chandrayaan-2, india’s mission to the moon which successfully entered the lunar orbit on August 20, has sent the first photo of the moon. Meanwhile the photo showed the moon as viewed by the Chandrayaan-2 LI4 Camera on August 21 at 5:03 pm UT (Universal Time).
Furthermore it was the same day that the second lunar bound manoeuvre was performed successfully starting 12:50 pm. ISRO had said “The duration of the maneuver was 1228 seconds. The orbit achieved is 118 km x 4412 km”. Further the Chandrayaan-2 mission is the first ISRO mission to be led by women it has Ritu Karidhal as its mission director, and M Vanitha as its project director.
When assuming Chandrayaan-2 successfully makes a landing on moon on September 7, india will become the fourth country in the world to have made a soft landing on the moon after the US, former Soviet Union and china. Apparently india’s second lunar mission is taking ahead findings of Chandrayaan-1, which found evidence of water in moon’s exosphere. Moreover Chandrayaan-2 will attempt to land on the south pole of the moon, which is most likely to have water and if water is indeed discovered, it would have consequences for space travel with the moon possibly becoming a rendezvous point having base materials for fuel and oxygen.
Ola to give health insurance to its Driver partners Reportedly ride hailing major Ola has partnered with India’s government healthcare scheme Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) to facilitate health insurance for Ola’s 2 million driver-partners. Meanwhile an MoU was signed by Vijay Ghadge, Vice President-Operations, Ola and Dr. Praveen Gedam, Deputy CEO of AB-PMJAY and National Health
- Nationwide strike by Tamilnadu Truckers against MV Act
- Is banning banner culture not an easy task in Tamilnadu?
- PM Modi confident that Howdy Modi will develop new ties between India & US
- P Chidambaram complaints about various ailments, No Chair No Pillow in Tihar Jail
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Nirmala Seetharaman to slash corporate tax rate for Domestic Firms
- Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream
- Pon Radhakrishnan advocated for recognition of Tamil as national language
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM
- Houston weather update ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Howdy Modi
- Why this TN Man garlanded Periyar poster with slippers & throw Cow dung on it?
- State moves to stall auction of prime Jagir land in Hafeezpet
- Uber ride request not been fulfilled during peak hours in Bengaluru
- Exempt from court presence: Jagan