Reportedly as part of a team that recently conducted a needs assessment in four flood ravaged districts of kerala, we were at Kuddukari village of Ramanagiri Panchayat of Alleppey district where we met Saritha. Meanwhile she showed us an interesting water filter an aluminum pot with a sponge, from an old bed, at its base and for most people, this is interesting community based knowledge; but few will understand Saritha’s plight who has to fill the pot many times a day to be able to provide clean, filtered water to her family in the aftermath of the floods.
Reportedly communities in kerala have always followed the age-old practice of boiling their drinking water. Perhaps this one practice saved them from a massive diarrhea outbreak. When speaking to women, it was evident that while it saved lives, their workload had doubled in the aftermath of the floods. Presently they were boiling water not only for drinking purposes but also for washing utensils.
Moreover many humanitarian agencies known for WASH (Water, Sanitation, and health) interventions now reflect a gender sensitive approach. Perhaps menstrual hygiene, collapse of sanitation facilities, and lack of private spaces has come into the spotlight as a result of years of gender sensitive disaster management trainings and eventually, programs.
Land acquisition for Salur bypass speeded up Visakhapatnam: The land acquisition process for the proposed Salur bypass project is being speeded up with another four acres of land remaining to be acquired. The National Highway (NH)-43, which passes through Salur town in Vizianagaram district, has been a traffic choke point for over two decades due to heavy vehicular movement along the road.
- Big eye-screening drive across the state from Oct 10
- Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?
- This Telangana Man drowned in stream while taking TikTok Video