Reportedly heavy rain is expected over isolated parts of Andhra Pradesh, with the south-west monsoon continuing to remain active over Rayalaseema and parts of coastal Andhra Pradesh. Furthermore the Indian Meteorological Department on Thursday issued a two day alert and said that heavy rain is very likely to occur in the districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, visakhapatnam and East Godavari along the northern coast, besides isolated places in Anantapur, Chittoor, Kadapa and Kurnool in Rayalaseema.
Apparently the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) also issued a warning, asking fishermen in Andhra not to venture into the sea. When stating that high tides could be witnessed at Kakinada and visakhapatnam, INCOIS said, "Under strong Monsoon conditions, strong surface winds from westerly direction speed reaching forty five to fifty kmph likely along off coastal Andhra Pradesh."
Further the Cyclone Warning Centre in visakhapatnam also issued a similar alert and said that the state of the sea would be rough to very rough. Previously last week, the state witnessed heavy floods in the krishna basin which affected about 90 villages and inundated several habitations in krishna and Guntur districts. Moreover over 8,000 people were moved to 56 relief camps as water entered the villages on the banks of the swollen river following heavy discharge of flood water from the upstream reservoirs of krishna basin.
Bathukamma saree distribution starts in Telangana The flagship scheme of distributing sarees on bathukamma festival is initiative of KCR to gift sarees to the women of Telangana, as well as to strengthen financial condition of weavers.IT and textile minister KT Rama rao said that, by ordering one crore sarees for distribution on bathukamma festival has strengthened the financial condition of weavers in the state. He also said,government is mulling on idea of placing order for uniforms of singereni collieries and TSRTC to weavers, so that their
- Man fell in open storm water drain in Hyderabad
- Why Jagan has worried on EENADU story?
- PM Narendra Modi this gesture surprised many
- Phone Booths restored in Kashmir
- Ex-Officials slams Sivan as ISRO Changes success rates of Chandrayaan 2 everyday
- 71st Emmy Awards saw numerous nods to stars from across the pond
- Will 5G bring better experiences for smart phone users in future?
- Thomas Cook Company moves to compulsory liquidation with immediate effect
- Will banner culture be eliminated in Tamilnadu after death of Subhasri?
- Traffic fines reduced as per MV Act by Karnataka Govt
- Will Chennai get a new airport due to heavy Air Traffic?
- വിദേശ രാജ്യങ്ങളിൽ പ്രധാനമന്ത്രി നരേന്ദ്രമോദി ബഹുമാനം അർഹിക്കുന്നു: ശശി തരൂർ
- Will Corporate tax rate cut likely to attract Foreign firms to India?
- Countdown Begins to Demolish Chandrababu's House
- Vizag MLAs gave clear SAND picture to Vijayasai Reddy!