Reportedly heavy rain is expected over isolated parts of Andhra Pradesh, with the south-west monsoon continuing to remain active over Rayalaseema and parts of coastal Andhra Pradesh. Furthermore the Indian Meteorological Department on Thursday issued a two day alert and said that heavy rain is very likely to occur in the districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, visakhapatnam and East Godavari along the northern coast, besides isolated places in Anantapur, Chittoor, Kadapa and Kurnool in Rayalaseema.
Apparently the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) also issued a warning, asking fishermen in Andhra not to venture into the sea. When stating that high tides could be witnessed at Kakinada and visakhapatnam, INCOIS said, "Under strong Monsoon conditions, strong surface winds from westerly direction speed reaching forty five to fifty kmph likely along off coastal Andhra Pradesh."
Further the Cyclone Warning Centre in visakhapatnam also issued a similar alert and said that the state of the sea would be rough to very rough. Previously last week, the state witnessed heavy floods in the krishna basin which affected about 90 villages and inundated several habitations in krishna and Guntur districts. Moreover over 8,000 people were moved to 56 relief camps as water entered the villages on the banks of the swollen river following heavy discharge of flood water from the upstream reservoirs of krishna basin.
Mumbai along with south peninsula will receive heavy rains for next three days: IMD IMD has predicted heavy rains in state of Maharashtra, along with most parts of peninsular states, these rains are attributed to a cyclonic circulation brewing in north coastal Andhra Pradesh. In fact red warning has been issued to north Konkan and Madhya Maharashtra
- E-cigarettes banned by government stops production completely: Nirmala Sitaraman
- Global Village Tech Park in Bengaluru sold for Rs.2700 Crore by Coffee Day
- Petrol prices increased in Major cities after attack on Saudi refinery
- MK Stalin consoled Subhasri"s parents
- Do you know which is India second IT Firm?
- E-Cigarettes will be banned and no production: FM
- PoK belongs to India, we will take possession: EAM Jaishankar
- CBN demands CBI investigation for death of Kodela Siva Prasad
- Rajinikanth says Amit Shah's common language can't be imposed in India
- Hindu Dental College student found dead in hostel in Pakistan
- Collector ordered for heavy penalties for throwing garbage on road
- Police Intercepts Kodela's Last Call, More Doubts
- Jagan Government's Appointments in TTD Board Creates Uproar
- Kodela's Son, Shivaram to be Interrogated
- How Brain eating Amoeba entered 10 year Girl while swimming in Texas River?