Washington sources reported that Donald Trump is "ready to assist" india and pakistan on the Kashmir issue if both sides ask for it, a top White House official has said, underlining that the US President is "very focused" on the situation in the Valley in view of its "broader implications". Furthermore tensions between india and pakistan spiked after New delhi abrogated provisions of Article 370 of the Constitution to withdraw Jammu and Kashmir's special status and bifurcated the state into two Union Territories on August 5.
A senior administration official said "The united states is watching the situation in Kashmir very closely. We are continuing to call for calm and restraint, including on rhetoric," ahead of the bilateral meeting between Trump and Prime Minister Narendra modi on the sidelines of the G7 Summit in france over the weekend. Meanwhile india has categorically told the international community that the scrapping of Article 370 to revoke the special status of Jammu and Kashmir was an internal matter and also advised pakistan to accept the reality.
According to the official, Trump is "very focused" on the situation in Kashmir. The official said "We note the broader implications of the developments in Kashmir and the potential for increased instability in the region. So the president is very focused on this situation”. Moreover Trump has said that he is friends with both the leaders of india and pakistan and “stands ready to assist if they both would like him to do so".
P Chidambaram's judicial custody extended till October 3 in INX Media Case New Delhi sources stated that the judicial custody of former finance minister P Chidambaram in the INX Media case has been extended till October 3 by Supreme Court on Thursday. Meanwhile the Congress leader’s lawyer Kapil Sibal also sought regular medical examination of his client to which Solicitor General Tushar Mehta said, “Whatever
- I did not impose Hindi on regional languages: Amit Shah
- Who offers more for Rs 700 monthly? BSNL or Airtel V-Fiber or JioFiber
- Modi-Trump meeting at Houston hints at some announcement
- TN Education Department confirmed that Classes 5, 8 students will have Board exams this Academic year
- Can CM Jagan Tame Government Doctors?
- High Court Notices for JC Diwakar Reddy on Illegal Mining
- Owner of Capsized Boat in Godavari is a Janasena Leader
- Sister State Partnership agreement signed between Telangana & New Jersey
- Heads of Public Sector Banks to meet Finance Minister today
- 4 New Judges appointed for Supreme Court
- A decomposed body of an unidentified person found in Nagarjuna's Farm House
- Pakistan disallows to use its airspace for PM Modi
- Delhi Court put up Unnao rape case for further hearing on September 24
- Kodela Siva Prasad's last rites held without state honors
- AP boat tragedy death toll rises to 34