As per report national carrier Air india is going through a hard time as several oil companies have snapped fuel supplies to the airline, citing pending dues close to Rs 4,500 crore. Meanwhile senior officials told news agency that the airline has not cleared fuel dues for 200 days or close to 7 months.
Furthermore Indian Oil Corporation (IoC), Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL) took the decision to stop jet fuel supply or airline turbine fuel (ATF) on Thursday afternoon at six airports-Kochi, Pune, Patna, Ranchi, Vizag and Mohali over non-payment of dues. A senior official at one of the three state-owned oil firms told "Air india has a 90-day credit period, which means they have to make payment for fuel they buy today by November 21. But Air india had not been making payments and the credit period was now over 200 days”.
Moreover the total unpaid due of Air india to the three fuel retailers stands at Rs 4,500 crore. The official said "They (Air india) offered to pay Rs 60 crore which is a drop in the ocean of what they owe," another official at one of the fuel retailers added. Air india, however, failed to provide a clear roadmap to clear dues, forcing us to stop supplies”. Apparently another official who spoke to news agency said it is unfair to the oil companies as Air india is aided by the government but no such relief is given to oil companies.
Sonia Gandhi & Manmohan Singh visited Tihar Jail to see P Chidambaram New Delhi sources stated that Congress president Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived at Tihar jail to meet former union minister P Chidambaram on Monday. Meanwhile Chidambaram's son Karti Chidambaram also arrived at the jail to meet his father today and Chidambaram was arrested by the CBI on 21 August and is at present in judicial custody in Tihar Jail.
- Land acquisition for Salur bypass speeded up
- Big eye-screening drive across the state from Oct 10
- Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?