Reportedly Train services connecting Bengaluru with Mangaluru, other parts of coastal Karnataka and parts of kerala passing through Sakleshpur-Subramanya Road Ghat section, will remain suspended at least till Sunday. Meanwhile trains in these sections were already cancelled for the last two weeks starting from August 10 as unprecedented rainfall in the region triggered multiple landslides which caused damage to the railway tracks.
According to senior railway staff, the section witnessed 59 incidences of landslides, and boulder and tree fall, between Hassan and Subramanya Road between August 5 and August 12 alone.
Furthermore this resulted in Debris of more than 75,430 cubic meters falling from the embankment, and caused extensive damage to the tracks at several locations. Cancellation of Train
1. Train No.16516 Karwar to Yesvantpur express journey commencing on 24.08.19 is fully cancelled.
2. Train No.16518/16524 Kannur/Karwar to KSR Bengaluru express journey commencing on 23.08.19 and 24.08.2019 is fully cancelled.
3. Train No.16511/16513 KSR Bengaluru to Kannur/Karwar express journey commencing on 23.08.19 and 24.08.19 is fully cancelled.
4. Train No.16575 Yesvantpur to Mangaluru Junction express journey commencing on 25.08.19 is fully cancelled.
5. Train No.16585 Yesvantpur to Mangaluru Express journey commencing on 25.08.19 is fully cancelled.
B. Partial Cancellation of Train
1. Train No.16514 Karwar to KSR Bengaluru express journey commencing on 25.08.2019 is partially cancelled between Karwar to Mangaluru Central.
Land acquisition for Salur bypass speeded up Visakhapatnam: The land acquisition process for the proposed Salur bypass project is being speeded up with another four acres of land remaining to be acquired. The National Highway (NH)-43, which passes through Salur town in Vizianagaram district, has been a traffic choke point for over two decades due to heavy vehicular movement along the road.
- Big eye-screening drive across the state from Oct 10
- Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?
- This Telangana Man drowned in stream while taking TikTok Video