Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that the kerala Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) has called for volunteers to help assess the damages incurred to houses in the recent floods and landslides in the state. Meanwhile the CMO has said that youngsters with smart phones can register themselves as damage assessment volunteers and the volunteers will be allotted to work with respective district administrations.
The CMO in its Facebook page on Thursday stated “This will be an opportunity for the youngsters of kerala to be part of rebuilding the state. Volunteers will be led by respective district administrations and required to work with local self government departments and revenue officers,” and the assessment of damages suffered by houses will be studied with the help of a mobile application survey. Earlier in 2018, when the state had seen another deluge, volunteers along with the district administration used to survey houses and grade it according to the level of damages.
Moreover those interested can click the link and register themselves as volunteers. Perhaps many had given appeals to reconsider the level of damages being assigned to their house after the survey. The houses were graded as partially and fully damaged and financial aid from the government was being given according to this.
P Chidambaram's judicial custody extended till October 3 in INX Media Case New Delhi sources stated that the judicial custody of former finance minister P Chidambaram in the INX Media case has been extended till October 3 by Supreme Court on Thursday. Meanwhile the Congress leader’s lawyer Kapil Sibal also sought regular medical examination of his client to which Solicitor General Tushar Mehta said, “Whatever
- I did not impose Hindi on regional languages: Amit Shah
- Who offers more for Rs 700 monthly? BSNL or Airtel V-Fiber or JioFiber
- Modi-Trump meeting at Houston hints at some announcement
- TN Education Department confirmed that Classes 5, 8 students will have Board exams this Academic year
- Can CM Jagan Tame Government Doctors?
- High Court Notices for JC Diwakar Reddy on Illegal Mining
- Owner of Capsized Boat in Godavari is a Janasena Leader
- Sister State Partnership agreement signed between Telangana & New Jersey
- Heads of Public Sector Banks to meet Finance Minister today
- 4 New Judges appointed for Supreme Court
- A decomposed body of an unidentified person found in Nagarjuna's Farm House
- Pakistan disallows to use its airspace for PM Modi
- Delhi Court put up Unnao rape case for further hearing on September 24
- Kodela Siva Prasad's last rites held without state honors
- AP boat tragedy death toll rises to 34