Reportedly the Southern Railway has taken back its decision suspending housekeeping in most of its trains, after the Ministry of Railways sanctioned a last minute payment to continue the services. Meanwhile the Principal Chief Mechanical engineer of the Southern Railway sent a letter to all divisions stating that the order issued for suspending On Board Housekeeping Services (OBHS) on 86 trains is withdrawn. The letter read “This is to advise that as a onetime measure Finance has agreed for clearing the past bills as a special measure”.
Earlier on August 16, the Southern Railway hit by a find crunch and unable to pay its contractors had issued a directive, cancelling OBHS on 86 trains, excluding long distance trains. Furthermore the OBHS that were planned to be dropped due to cash crunch included change in linen, cleaning of coaches and pest control in trains. Reportedly the media reports came following a letter by the Southern Railway that stated that the cleaning services in trains operating under Southern Railway will be stopped from September 1 due to lack of funds to pay the contractors.
Moreover in its letter to the Union government, Southern Railways had stated that the funds in hand were not sufficient to continue the services and that the amount would be enough only to make payments till August-September 2019. Hence the emergency situation arose after the Ministry failed to respond to a request for cash infusion in last month’s meeting.
US President Trump to deliver 30 minutes speech at Houston According to sources US P resident Donald Trump is expected to deliver a major, 30 minute speech on India and Indian Americans at the "Howdy, Modi!" event here in the world's energy capital on Sunday, which US officials asserted would bring fresh energy in the long lasting relationship between the two democracies. Meanwhile contrary to what was reported earlier, Trump, the 45th president
- Mexico downgraded to a tropical storm & regained hurricane strength
- Indian origin boy with rare medical condition to sing National Anthem at Howdy Modi
- Striking similarity between accession of Texas to US & Jammu and Kashmir's merger with India
- Financial Problems Pushed Kodela To Suicide
- Vijay Sai Reddy statement confirms paper leakage!
- Chandrababu's House To Be Demolished Along with Four Other Buildings
- Onion price shot up from Rs 20-40 per kg to Rs 22.50-50 per kg
- CBI opposed P Chidambaram's bail plea in Delhi HC
- JioFiber ACT Fibernet launches gaming booster packs
- Over 39 lakh people reap benefits of Asara pension scheme: Panchayat raj minister
- 15 MLA's disqualified in Karnataka, bye-elections on Oct. 21
- Boat tragedy update: three people arrested including boat owner
- TRS announces the candidate for huzurnagar by-polls Congress in dilemma over selection
- KCR & Jagan's next Face to Face meeting is on September 24
- Why Youth Congress protested near FMs house over economic crisis?