Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy who has inherited a debt-ridden treasury due to a faulty bifurcation and spend-thrift Chandrababu Naidu's rule is resorting to austerity measures to ensure the state moves forward. Among various other saving measures, jagan is contemplating to shut down, “Andhra Pradesh,” the official monthly magazine of the state government.
The magazine is brought out by the Department of Information and Public Relations Department, on behalf of the government. The magazine, which was started way back in 1952, was being published in English, Telugu and Urdu languages, primarily to propagate the government’s policies and programs among the people. But there is no patronage for the magazine from the people and is only confined to the desks of the secretariat.
The magazine requires at least 10 editorial team members with high salaries and the magazine does not generate any advertising revenue as was the case with other private magazines. Moreover, the increase in the News Print makes it further unviable. So, jagan has taken a smart decision and should be appreciated by one and all.
PM Modi confident that Howdy Modi will develop new ties between India & US Reportedly ahead of his departure for the United States to attend the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said his upcoming visit would further cement bilateral ties between India and the United States and hoped for a stronger partnership between the world’s oldest and largest democracies.
- P Chidambaram complaints about various ailments, No Chair No Pillow in Tihar Jail
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Nirmala Seetharaman to slash corporate tax rate for Domestic Firms
- Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream
- Pon Radhakrishnan advocated for recognition of Tamil as national language
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM
- Houston weather update ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Howdy Modi
- Why this TN Man garlanded Periyar poster with slippers & throw Cow dung on it?
- State moves to stall auction of prime Jagir land in Hafeezpet
- Uber ride request not been fulfilled during peak hours in Bengaluru
- Exempt from court presence: Jagan
- Parents of CBIT students take fee woes to panel
- T govt welcomes FMs steps on economy
- Cong infighting continues, more leaders support Uttam