Reportedly Vedaranyam in Nagapattinam district of Tamilnadu witnessed massive clashes on Sunday between two caste groups, and tension prevailed in most parts of the town. Meanwhile the sequence of events that led to the clashes ended in an Ambedkar statue being ‘beheaded’ by a group of Mukkulathor men; the statue was situated just a few metres from a police station.
Reportedly on Sunday evening, Pandian a man who is part of a Mukkulathor caste outfit allegedly ran over a Dalit man named Ramachandran with his SUV. Accordingly he also allegedly hacked Ramachandran with a machete. When leaving a badly injured Ramachandran lying on the road, Pandian then went to the nearest police station to take refuge. Meanwhile, word spread that Pandian had hacked Ramachandran.
Moreover an angry group of Dalit men, upon finding out about the incident, reportedly set Pandian’s car on fire. Further the smoke from the fire engulfed the entire area, and was later put out by fire services and the incident took place around 5 pm on Sunday, following which the Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK) members undertook protests in Nagapattinam, nagore and Thirumarugal. Meanwhile transport was hit in the area on Sunday, reports state that buses are plying as of Monday.
Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below? Reportedly Mother D airy will sell tomatoes at Rs 55 per kg or below through its Safal retail outlets across the national capital region to provide relief to consumers, the government said on Friday after reviewing the prices of essential commodities. Presently tomatoes are available at Rs 60-80 per kg in the
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra