Reportedly the Reserve Bank of india (RBI) on Monday approved the transfer of record Rs 1.76 lakh crore dividend and surplus reserves to the government, boosting Prime Minister Narendra modi led regime's prospect to stimulate the slowing economy without widening fiscal deficit. Meanwhile Governor Shaktikanta Das led RBI central board gave its nod for transferring to the government a sum of Rs 1,76,051 crore comprising Rs 1,23,414 crore of surplus for the year 2018-19 and Rs 52,637 crore of excess provisions identified as per the revised Economic Capital Framework (ECF).
Furthermore the excess reserve transfer is in line with the recommendation of former RBI governor Bimal Jalan led panel constituted to decide size of capital reserves that the central bank should hold. Further the government was represented by Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar in the panel which finalized its report on August 14 by consensus.
Moreover the modi government and the RBI under its previous governor Urjit Patel had been at loggerheads over the optimum level of surplus capital with the central bank. Perhaps as a result, the RBI in its crucial November 2018 board meeting decided to form a committee to review the economic capital framework (ECF) for the Reserve Bank.
Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below? Reportedly Mother D airy will sell tomatoes at Rs 55 per kg or below through its Safal retail outlets across the national capital region to provide relief to consumers, the government said on Friday after reviewing the prices of essential commodities. Presently tomatoes are available at Rs 60-80 per kg in the
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra