According to sources NASA has lauded india's historic Chandrayaan-2 mission, saying the Indian Space Research Organization's attempt to soft-land vikram module on the lunar south Pole has "inspired" it and the US space agency is looking forward to explore the solar system with its Indian counterpart. Meanwhile the Indian Space Research Organisation's (ISRO) plan to soft-land Chandrayaan-2's vikram module on the uncharted south Pole did not go as per script on September 7, with the lander losing communication with ground stations during its final descent.
NASA said in a tweet on September 7"Space is hard. We commend ISRO's attempt to land their Chandrayaan 2 mission on the Moon's south Pole. You have inspired us with your journey and look forward to future opportunities to explore our solar system together". Furthermore former NASA astronaut Jerry Linenger told PTI on September 7 that the lessons learnt from india's "bold attempt" to soft land Chandrayaan-2's Vikram module on the lunar surface will help the country during its follow up missions.
Moreover according to NASA, only half of the lunar missions involving landing on moon surface have succeeded in the last six decades. Perhaps there have been a total of 109 lunar missions from 1958, out of which 61 were successful, says the US space agency's 'Moon Fact Sheet'. Apparently from 1958 to 1979, only the US and the USSR (now russia) launched Moon missions. In these 21 years, the two countries launched 90 missions. There was a lull in the decade that followed with no lunar missions from 1980-89. Moreover japan, the European Union, china, india and israel have been late entrants.
Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president? Reportedly former India captain Sourav Ganguly, who is set to take charge as the head of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), on Tuesday spoke about his meeting with BJP President Amit Shah a day before he emerged as the lone contender in the race to be BCCI president. Meanwhile after Ganguly met Shah, the rumors of the former India cricketer joining the ruling party in India started doing the rounds.
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders