Detectives from the GST department have been investigating malpractices by people who wish to avoid paying GST. These detectives have investigated fake invoice frauds by companies in Telangana who have generated fake invoices in order to avail benefits in tax. Most of these fakeinvoices were generated during the assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
These companies have not just tried to avoid paying tax but also have been doing circular trading which means that they have been not actually being supplying products and services where they have said that they do.
In the past 15 days or so three directors of infrastructure companies, 2 subcontractors for irrigation projects and some people in road construction have been arrested by the Director general of GST intelligence. They have been sent to the Chanchalguda jail in hyderabad. The total fraud is believed to amount at 50 crore. The DNC fraud is considered by officials to be 21 crore.
Whatever measures the government may take to instill responsibility in the common citizen,there will always be fraudulent elements who will try to take advantage of the loop holes in the system. Thankfully our officials are smart enough to catch hold of these miscreants and bring them to task as a lesson for others planning to commit similar frauds.
Make-up artist who modified face of 32 year as an old man arrested New Delhi sources stated that the make-up artist who allegedly modified the appearance of a 32 year old man who impersonated an octogenarian at Delhi airport has been arrested. Meanwhile the make-up artist allegedly modified appearances of as many as 10 people on the direction of agents involved in forging passports and identities of air passengers, police said on Monday.
- Kamal Hassan posted a video opposing Amit Shah's move
- PM Modi addressed the nation during visit to Gujarat on 69th birthday
- Indian rupee fell 28 paise to 71.88 against US Dollar
- Malala Yousafzai urged UN to work towards peace in Kashmir
- Hundreds of Butterflies released by PM Modi on his Birthday
- AP CM Jagan announces Rs.10 Lakh ex-gratia for Andhra Boat tragedy victims
- Why Former TDP Leader Kodela Siva Prasad committed suicide?
- New Doubt: Kodela's Mobile Phone Missing
- On account of Aramco Refinery attack, Petrol & Diesel price may rise to Rs.5-6 per liter
- Kerala Transport Minister pens to Union Minister about increase in fines
- Will there be Lorry strike in Tamilnadu on September 19 due to hefty fines?
- PM Modi sought public to share ideas for September 22 speech at Houston 'Howdy Modi'
- New Version of Narendra Modi App launched ahead of PM Modis Birthday
- How does PM Narendra Modi's Report Card reads on his Birthday?
- Who killed Kodela?