Chennai sources stated that MDMK chief and Rajya Sabha MP Vaiko on Wednesday filed a habeas corpus petition in the Supreme Court for allowing former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister farooq abdullah to travel to Chennai. Reportedly the Tamilnadu politician wrote in his petition that he had extended an invite to farooq abdullah for an event in Chennai on September 15 but he has not been able to contact the Jammu and Kashmir leader about the same.
Meanwhile in the petition, Vaiko has stated that for many years he has been organizing a conference in Chennai for leaders from across the country on the occasion of the birthday of former Tamilnadu Chief Minister CN Annadurai. Furthermore this year, the event is to be held on Sunday and farooq abdullah, who has attended previous editions of the conference, had agreed to attend this year as well. Perhaps, last month farooq abdullah was put under house arrest in srinagar and Vaiko has said that despite his efforts, he has not been able to reach him.
Moreover Vaiko added that he had written to authorities on August 29 to seek the permission of the Central government as well the Secretary, Home Department, Jammu and Kashmir, to allow Dr Farooq Abdullah to travel to Chennai but he failed to get a response. Apparently MDMK chief has asked the Supreme Court to pass directions that the National Conference Chief be produced before it and be permitted to attend the conference in Chennai.
Sister State Partnership agreement signed between Telangana & New Jersey Reportedly on Wednesday, a Sister State Partnership' agreement was signed between Telangana and New Jersey by TS Chief secretary SK Joshi and New Jersey State Governor Phil Murphy. KTR and MAUD administration was also present in the ceremony. Meanwhile the news has been shared by KTR on his Twitter and he wrote 'Happy to announce that the states of Telangana and New Jersey have signed a Sister State Partnership agreement in Hyderabad today.
- Heads of Public Sector Banks to meet Finance Minister today
- 4 New Judges appointed for Supreme Court
- A decomposed body of an unidentified person found in Nagarjuna's Farm House
- Pakistan disallows to use its airspace for PM Modi
- Delhi Court put up Unnao rape case for further hearing on September 24
- Kodela Siva Prasad's last rites held without state honors
- AP boat tragedy death toll rises to 34
- Kaleshwaram added another feather to cap
- How emotional Balayya has bond with Kodela?
- Mumbai along with south peninsula will receive heavy rains for next three days: IMD
- E-cigarettes banned by government stops production completely: Nirmala Sitaraman
- Global Village Tech Park in Bengaluru sold for Rs.2700 Crore by Coffee Day
- Petrol prices increased in Major cities after attack on Saudi refinery
- MK Stalin consoled Subhasri"s parents
- Do you know which is India second IT Firm?