Chennai sources made a statement that the new Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Act 2019 has seen mixed views from people with some saying that it would act as a necessary deterrent for traffic violators while some have said that the fines are simply too high. Meanwhile, traffic police across the country are coming down heavily on those who are violating the rules and that has also resulted in challans as high as Rs 1.41 lakh.
Reportedly after Gujarat, the Tamilnadu government has decided to not implement the new Motor Vehicle Act in totality. Meanwhile this came in as senior officials are mulling to bring down the fines and Tamilnadu CM Edappadi would give a go-ahead for 23 amendments and would slash down heavy fines. Recently, Gujarat Government announced a reduction in the fines under the new act.
Moreover post imposition of the Act, from September 1, hefty challans for traffic rules violations by the police has hit the headlines.
4 New Judges appointed for Supreme Court As per report four different High Court Chief Justices were appointed as judges of the Supreme Court, taking the judge strength of the apex court to 34, the highest ever and the oath ceremony is likely to take place next Monday. Meanwhile the four new judges of the top court are Himachal Pradesh Chief Justice V. Ramasubramanian, Punjab and Haryana Chief Justice
- A decomposed body of an unidentified person found in Nagarjuna's Farm House
- Pakistan disallows to use its airspace for PM Modi
- Delhi Court put up Unnao rape case for further hearing on September 24
- Kodela Siva Prasad's last rites held without state honors
- AP boat tragedy death toll rises to 34
- Kaleshwaram added another feather to cap
- How emotional Balayya has bond with Kodela?
- Mumbai along with south peninsula will receive heavy rains for next three days: IMD
- E-cigarettes banned by government stops production completely: Nirmala Sitaraman
- Global Village Tech Park in Bengaluru sold for Rs.2700 Crore by Coffee Day
- Petrol prices increased in Major cities after attack on Saudi refinery
- MK Stalin consoled Subhasri"s parents
- Do you know which is India second IT Firm?
- E-Cigarettes will be banned and no production: FM
- PoK belongs to India, we will take possession: EAM Jaishankar