Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump announced that his administration was postponing a planned 5% tariff hike on $250 billion worth of Chinese goods by two weeks as a gesture of goodwill toward Beijing on the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic.
Meanwhile Trump took to Twitter on Wednesday to announce that the hike from 25 to 30 per cent in duties on certain Chinese imports would take effect on October 15 instead of October 1, as had been previously scheduled. The President tweeted "At the request of the Vice Premier of china, Liu He, and due to the fact that the People's Republic of china will be celebrating their 70th anniversary on October 1, we have agreed, as a gesture of good will, to move the increased Tariffs on $250 billion worth of goods (25% to 30%), from October 1 to October 15”.
Furthermore the development comes after china's Customs Tariff Commission of the State Council on Wednesday postponed the planned 25% tariffs on 16 American products, which were to come into effect on Tuesday, by a year. Moreover these tariffs will now take effect on September 16, 2020, and affects items including fishmeal, some lubricants and raw materials used in cancer drugs.
Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response Sources from Srinagar stated that the recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received an overwhelming response with 6,500 youth from Jammu and Kashmir participating in it. Meanwhile the four day drive was organized by the Army to shortlist youth for 162 infantry battalion and the army said that as many as 550 youth had been shortlisted.
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370
- P Chidambaram says GST is main cause of economic slow down
- If BJP wants to reinvigorate economy, abolish Personal Income Tax
- 2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut