fter the horrendous poll defeat in recent assembly election, TDP supremo has restarted the old rivalry with his fierce political counterpart. This has ensured. Naidu to garner enough attention, after long hibernation since poll debacle. The much anticipated head on face-off of jagan and naidu surfaced at 'March to atmakur', Naidu alleges that cadres of TDP were atrocitized by jagan govt. The March to atmakur from Guntur was stopped by authorities, TDP workers alleges that atrocities and harrassment were meted out against them at this very place.
Nara lokesh reappeared in political circle after long time and headed the march against the government. The famous rivalry of naidus and reddys is not new to political circles of united andhra pradesh, it's an old rivalry which started way back in 80's decade. Interestingly both Naidu and father of jagan mohan reddy, YS rajshekar reddy (YSR) started their respective careers as junior minister in Congress government. Naidu later quit Congress and joined telugu desam party formed by his father in law ntr.
YSR remained loyal to Congress till his death. Naidu won two terms as chief minister of erstwhile andhra pradesh, meanwhile strong willed YSR who was busy in national politics in delhi, took on Naidu in 2004 assembly elections and won hands down. After bifurcation of andhra pradesh, Naidu won the maiden assembly elections handsomely, after which political pundits referred jagan's political YSRCP as sinking ship, jagan created new political outfit after quitting Congress party.
jagan YSRCP came back very strongly in 2019 to give Naidu its most disastrous poll defeat. Most of expert feels that current generation of both political houses are going to carry the legacy forward. This old rivalry is certainly not going to die soon, as new generation politicians have emerged to take forward.
Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders Reportedly Rojo Thomas, the brother of Jolly’s first husband and deceased Roy Thomas, told the media on Tuesday that Jolly was forcing him to drop the complaint he had filed, where he raised suspicion over Roy’s death. Meanwhile Rojo said this while coming out of Kozhikode Rural SP office, after giving his statement in the case.
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case
- Giving all public sector banks a "lifeline" is today her primary duty: Nirmala Sitharaman
- PM Modi called opposition parties 'shameless' during campaigning for Maharashtra Assembly polls
- Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati?
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?