Reportedly former BJP MP Swami Chinmayanand had received a notice by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing charges of sexual harassment against him but could not be questioned as his turn did not come, his lawyer Om Singh claimed on Thursday. Meanwhile this comes three days after a law student from Shahjahanpur, who had earlier accused Mr. Chinmayanand of harassment, alleged that the former Union Minister had raped and “physically exploited” her for a year.
Furthermore Mr. Singh said his client received a notice for questioning by the SIT a couple of days ago. But since many people were called for questioning that day along with Mr. Chinmayanand, only some could be questioned. He said “His [Chinmayanand’s] turn did not come, so he had to return. The notice was then cancelled”.
Moreover whenever the SIT will call him for questioning, Mr. Chinmayanand will be present and he is here in his Shahjahanpur ashram only. Meanwhile the police were yet to comment as to why the questioning did not happen, senior police officers involved in the probe said that they were told the accused had some health issues. Perhaps the case took a new turn after a video allegedly showing Mr. Chinmayanand receiving a massage from a girl, purportedly the law student, was widely shared on social media and the leader’s lawyer said “prima facie the video appears to be fake”.
Dharmadi Satyam team retrieved Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in Godavari River Sources from Devipatnam stated that Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in the Godavari River at Kachuluru Mandal, near Devipatnam at East Godavari District, was finally retrieved from the river by the Dharmadi Satyam team on Monday evening. Meanwhile despite many hurdles the boat was retrieved, in what can be termed as one of the biggest recovery operations in the country.
- BJP and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra
- Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq