A video shot by resident shows lions roaming freely on roads of Junagadh, Gujarat on a rainy night. Later forest officials controlled the situation by taking them back to Gir wildlife sanctuary.
A pride of seven Asiatic lions were found roaming freely on roads of Junagadh on a rainy night.The city is situated beside the famous Gir wildlife sanctuary, which is home to as many as 523 Asiatic lions. Searching food is said to be the reason.
There has been no reports of any human or animal casualties so far from this area, after receiving complaint from residents, the forest officials caught all seven lions and took them back in to the sanctuary.
This is not the first time when wild animals have invaded the villages and cities in india, they are many such incidents happened in past, where leopards, cheetahs lion, and tigers have came into residential areas in search of food. Rapid urbanization and deforestation is said to be the reason for these incidences. Recently a royal Bengal tiger took shelter in a house due to flood in assam.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17