Sources from Thiruvananthapuram stated that kerala Transport Minister AK Saseendran will write to Union Minister nitin gadkari, for more clarity on the increase in fines under the amended Motor Vehicles Act 2019. He told reporters "We are prepared to wait for some more days until there is clarity on the issue from the Centre".
Furthermore the state did not implement the new rules during onam celebrations. Minister Gadkari said last week that the fines were increased to save people's lives and not to collect revenue and he also said the state governments can decide on the fines. Gadkari said "The state governments can decide on fines. There is no problem. But this is not a revenue earning proposal. This is for saving lives of people. We are losing two per cent of GDP due to road accidents and is it not the responsibility of the government to save the lives of the people? That is the spirit behind the law. It was not the intention of the government to increase fines to get revenue for the government".
Moreover although the Union Minister said this, there is no clarity on the issue. Perhaps Minister Saseendran will also write to all MPs from the state to intervene in the issue to take actions at the earliest.
Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize Indian Origin American Abhijit Banerjee along with his wife, Esther Duflo, and Michael Kremer will receive the 2019 Nobel Prize for Economics for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences made this announcement a little while ago.
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades