Reportedly taking a serious view of the procedural lapses that took place in allotment of licenses after a boat tragedy in the godavari river took many lives on Sunday, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy on Monday instructed officials to take corrective measures and set up a committee to look into all aspects of the mishap. Furthermore jagan also announced Rs 10 lakh as ex-gratia to the families of the victims who died in the boat tragedy.
Previously jagan conducted an aerial survey of Sunday's boat accident site in the godavari river and the Chief Minister flew in a helicopter over Kuchuluru in East Godavari district where the boat with over 60 tourists capsized. A statement from the Chief Minister's Office (CMO) said "The Chief Minister expressed his unhappiness over the way the licences were allotted for private boats for ferrying tourists and asked if there was a control room that was monitoring the navigation".
Moreover the state government has also set up a special committee to investigate the accident, which will be headed by Special Chief Secretary (Irrigation). Perhaps the Revenue Chief Secretary, Principal Secretary of Tourism, Additional DG of Law and Order and Collector of East Godavari are the other members on the committee.
BJP and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra Mumbai sources stated the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra, bagging 141 and 102 seats respectively, according to the News18-IPSOS exit poll result that was released at 6.30 pm on Monday, half an hour after voting in the Assembly election concluded in the state.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN