Reportedly the rupee opened on a cautious note and fell 28 paise to 71.88 against the US dollar in early trade on Tuesday amid rising demand for the US dollar vis-a-vis other currencies overseas. Meanwhile Forex traders said the drone attacks on saudi arabia's oil facilities have enthused demand for safe heaven assets like the US dollar.
Furthermore the dollar index, which gauges the greenback's strength against a basket of six currencies, rose by 0.01 per cent to 98.61. Reportedly the Indian rupee on Monday had plunged by 68 paise to 71.60 against the US dollar amid concerns over soaring crude prices following drone attacks on Saudi Arabia's oil facilities. At the Interbank Foreign Exchange, the rupee opened at 71.83 then fell to 71.88 against the US dollar, showing a decline of 28 paise over its previous closing.
Moreover the Indian rupee on Monday had closed at 71.60 against the US dollar. Perhaps Forex traders said weak opening in domestic equities and unabated foreign fund outflows also weighed on the domestic currency. Also foreign institutional investors (FIIs), who were net buyers for the past few sessions, offloaded shares worth Rs 751.26 crore on Monday, according to provisional exchange data.
Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car Telangana Police had seized AP CM Jagan Car. Shocking is not it? On Saturday, vehicle number AP 10 BD 7299 was found driving without a proper registration number plate. Instead, it had put both at the front and the back, AP CM JAGAN in bold letters as its calling card.
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali