Reportedly the Indian Air Force on Monday successfully flight tested air to air missile Astra off the coast of Odisha. Meanwhile the Ministry of Defense said in a statement the missile was launched from Su-30 MKI as a part of User trials. "The live aerial target was engaged accurately demonstrating the capability of the first indigenous air to air missile".
Furthermore the statement confirmed that the mission profile was executed in a textbook manner. The defense statement said "Various Radars, Electro-Optical Tracking System (EOTS) and Sensors tracked the missile and confirmed its engagement with the target". Reportedly Defense Minister rajnath singh congratulated DRDO and Air Force teams for the successful test. The missile can fly towards its target at a speed of over 5,555 kilometers per hour. It has a 15-kilogram high-explosive pre-fragmented warhead.
Moreover the Astra missile has been developed by Defense Research and Development Organization along with 50 other public and private organizations, involved at various stages of its development. Perhaps modifications of the Sukhoi-30 MKI jets to accommodate Astra missiles have been carried out by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana? Hyderabad sources stated that with the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) strike entering the tenth day, the agitating workers had organized a 'Raasta Roko' (road blockage) protests in all districts across the state on Tuesday. Meanwhile the Joint Action Committee (JAC) president Ashwathama Reddy said that this was not some kind of ordinary strike, and it was meant for the ensuring that justice is delivered to RTC employees and the people of Telangana.
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike