Chennai sources stated that veteran actor rajinikanth on Wednesday said that the idea of a common language in the country could be good but also asserted that it would be impossible to implement it and that it will face severe resistance from the southern states in india. Meanwhile the actor's remarks came in response to Union Home Minister Amit Shah's recent pitch for Hindi as a common language.
Furthermore it was stated that the 'Superstar' said Hindi should not be imposed as the concept of a common language was "unfortunately" not possible in the country. He told reporters "A common language not just for india but any country is good for its unity and progress. Unfortunately, (one cannot) bring a common language in our country and so you cannot impose any language".
Moreover he said "Especially, if you impose Hindi, not just Tamilnadu, no southern state will accept that and many states in northern parts will also not accept that”.
Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K Satya Pal Malik, the incumbent governor of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, is likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-Governor of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir on 31 October. Meanwhile Malik, who has been associated with political parties of all hues, was the first career politician to be appointed to the gubernatorial position of the politically sensitive state in 51 years after Karan Singh whose term had ended in 1967.
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra