Reportedly Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will meet the heads of public sector banks in delhi on Thursday. Meanwhile the government last month announced the merger of 10 Public Sector Banks (PSBs) into four strong lenders with countrywide networks and global reach to boost credit and revive economic growth in the nation's bid to become a five trillion dollar economy in the next five years. Furthermore Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had said at a press conference on August 30 after this, the total number of PSBs will come down to 12 from 24 banks.
Further under the merger, Punjab National Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank will be merged into one entity to make the second largest PSB with a business of Rs 17.95 lakh crore and 11,437 branches. Reportedly Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank will be merged to become fourth-largest PSB with a business of Rs 15.2 lakh crore. Apparently Union Bank of india, Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank will become fifth largest PSB while Indian Bank will merge with Allahabad Bank to become seventh largest PSB with the business of Rs 8.08 lakh crore.
Moreover Bank of india and Central Bank of india will continue as individual entities. Indian Overseas Bank, UCO Bank, Bank of Maharashtra and Punjab and Sindh Bank will also continue to operate on their own.
Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey Presently the Internet is going crazy over a viral letter that has recently been released by a media outlet and shows the kind of content exchanged between the heads of US and Turkey. Perhaps guess what the letter could be? The letter was written by the US President Donald Trump to the Turkish counterpart Tayyip Erdogan urging him not "to be a tough guy" and "a fool" by advancing Turkey's
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million