Sources from the Tamilnadu School education Department have put to rest uncertainty on whether Board Exams will be held for Classes 5 and 8 in the state. Public exams for Classes 5 and 8 will indeed be held across Tamilnadu schools, beginning this academic year (2019-2020), a highly placed source within the School education Department confirmed to TNM.
Meanwhile this clarification comes after a few media reports on Wednesday claimed that board exams for Classes 5 and 8 will be conducted only after a period of 3 years. When, conducting exams for these two classes was proposed by the Central government back in February 2019, when the Right to education (RTE) Act was amended. Furthermore the RTE amendments effected by the Centre specifically prohibit schools from expelling students who fail their exams at the end of Classes 5 and 8, as education has been made compulsory for students until age 14.
Moreover the Tamilnadu government has decided to hold the exams, no student will be detained for the next three years (until 2021-2022) based of their performance in the said exams and the Tamilnadu government’s decision has drawn flak most opposition parties in the state. While DMK Chief MK Stalin said that this would create stress among students who already have to face public exams in classes 10 and 12.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach