New delhi sources stated that the judicial custody of former finance minister P chidambaram in the INX Media case has been extended till October 3 by Supreme Court on Thursday. Meanwhile the Congress leader’s lawyer Kapil Sibal also sought regular medical examination of his client to which Solicitor General Tushar Mehta said, “Whatever rights are given to other prisoner, same can be asked by him also through application.”
Furthermore the 74 year old leader also made a request for bank statement of an account in a bank at delhi’s Jor Bagh branch, which the court has allowed. When opposing the CBI plea to extend his judicial custody, Sibal said, “The extension of custody cannot be mechanical process. The reason needs to be stated for the extension of the custody.”
Earlier on Wednesday, senior Congress leaders Ghulam Nabi Azad and ahmed Patel met him at Tihar Jail and they were accompanied by chidambaram’s son and Congress MP, Karti chidambaram. INX Media co-founders Peter Mukerjea and his wife Indrani Mukerjea have been charged with entering into a criminal conspiracy with Karti chidambaram, P chidambaram’s son, to secure clearance from FIPB for the foreign investment received by the company and evade punitive measures for not having the requisite approvals.
P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case New Delhi sources stated that Senior Congress leader P. Chidambaram got a sigh of relief as the Apex Court granted bail to him in the INX Media corruption case lodged by the CBI. Meanwhile he was in Tihar jail from last two months and the Supreme Court delivered judgment on the plea by Chidambaram's counsel challenging the Delhi High Court's verdict denying him bail in the case.
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK