Hearing to a Public Interest Litigation (PIL), Andhra Pradesh state high court on Thursday issued a notice to senior Telugu Desam Party leader and former Anantapur MP J C Diwakar Reddy over limestone mining lease in Anantapur district. The case dates back to the mining that took place way back in 2011.
The petitioner alleged that the AP government had issued GO no 125 permitting Trishul cement for limestone mining in 1605 acres in Konuppalapadu village at Yadiki Mandal of Anantapur district on April 25, 2006. He alleged that they got the mining lease by cheating which includes the partners and binamis of Trishul cement belong to JC Diwakar Reddy.
On March 7th, 2012, the then High Court of the United Andhra Pradesh had issued a notice to the defendants but there is no progress in the case after that. Taking it into consideration, the court has again issued notices and adjourned the next hearing to the fourth week of October. On the other side, JC Diwakar Reddy's followers allege that this is an act of Political Vendetta by the new government.
Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra As per report counting of votes in the Maharashtra Assembly elections will be taken up on Thursday (24 October) and is scheduled to be concluded the same day. Meanwhile on Monday, polling got underway in 288 constituencies of the state in a single-phase election. Furthermore this year, 3,237 candidates, including 235 women, are in the fray and prominent candidates include Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis from Nagpur South-West, and his predecessors from the Congress
- Hafiz Saeed settles dispute sitting inside the jail
- PM Modi meets Nobel Laureate at his residence
- Dharmadi Satyam team retrieved Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in Godavari River
- BJP and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra
- Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!