According to sources SIT on Friday arrested former union minister and senior BJP leader Chinmayanand from his Mumuksha Ashram and the special Investigating team (SIT) chief Bharati Singh confirmed his arrest. Meanwhile she said he was taken to the district hospital for medical examination, and will later be produced before the court, where the SIT is expected to seek his remand.
Furthermore Chinmayanand's arrest comes on the complaint of a 23 year old law student, who accused him of blackmail and rape in a video message posted on the social media on August 23 and the very next day, the woman went missing and was later found in Dausa, Rajasthan. Further the Supreme Court, which took suo moto cognisance of the incident, called the victim for a closed door hearing after which the court ordered the Uttar Pradesh government to set up a Special SIT to probe the allegations.
Moreover the law student, who studied in a college run by Chinmayanand, said in her statement that the self-proclaimed god man first got a video recording made while she was taking a bath and this was used to blackmail her. Meanwhile she claimed that she was raped several times by Chinmayanand, who threatened to eliminate her family if she raised her voice. Reportedly the matter also turned into a major controversy with the Supreme Court intervention and the opposition accusing the yogi Adityanath government of favoring Chinmayanand and avoiding his arrest.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach