Chennai sources stated that “Let my daughter be the last victim of the banner culture”, pleaded Subhasri’s father when DMK president Stalin visited the grieving family to condole her gruesome death after being hit by a loose banner and run over by a speeding truck from behind.
Meanwhile Stalin had already issued a diktat to party members not to erect banners and the ruling AIADMK too did likewise; yet, the culture of banners and flags on road medians is unlikely to disappear in Tamilnadu a state where the Dravidian politics has always had a close liaison with Kollywood and took inspiration from its MGR-Sivaji multi-color banners of massive proportions to create its own giant flex banners for its ‘revolutionary’ and ‘litterateur’ leaders. In fact, most of these political leaders have been imported from the movie world and more are waiting in the queue.
Noted lawyer sudha Ramalingam said “This terrible banner culture will not disappear in a hurry in our state, thanks to our political class that has its roots in cinema. You still see the horrible scenes of the fan clubs performing milk abhishekams to their hero’s giant cut-outs. Perhaps from there have descended the banners and cut-outs of the political thalaivars and thalaivees; you saw the cut-outs of Jayalalitha that were 80 feet tall”.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach