New delhi sources stated that P chidambaram, the former finance minister, on Thursday complained that he has not been given a pillow and chair in Tihar Jail where he has been lodged since September 5 in connection with INX Media case. Meanwhile on Thursday, a CBI court in delhi extended chidambaram’s judicial custody till October 3 as the investigation agency sought an extension of his remand.
Furthermore the Congress leader’s lawyer Kapil Sibal told top court: “He doesn’t have a chair in the cell… there is no pillow for the bed, this is causing back pain. There were 2-3 chairs outside where wardens etc would sit and I would also sit. Then these were taken away.” Reportedly Sibal also moved an application on behalf of chidambaram seeking regular medical check-up and adequate supplementary diet during judicial custody in Tihar Jail and he requested the court to allow chidambaram to be medically examined in All india Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Moreover Sibal said that the 73 year old Congress
leader is suffering from various ailments like coronary artery disease,
impaired glycemia and has
lost weight during the custody. Perhaps
the court in its order
said that the request for chair and pillow shall be considered by the jail superintendent favorably ‘considering
the issue of back pain’.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations