The weatherman has declared an orange alert (be prepared) for heavy to very heavy rainfall in all districts of Telangana for Friday. A similar alert has been sounded for isolated places across coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalseema.
An upper air circulation in the Bay of Bengal, over the south Andhra Pradesh coast, is expected to create a low pressure area that will bring rainfall to nearby regions. This phenomenon signals a continuation of what’s been a wet week for both states.
Over the last week (upto September 20), Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have witnessed heavy rainfall. A number of places have registered 200% or more excess rainfall during the week, including Adilabad, Nalgonda, Nirmal and Nizamabad in Telangana and Guntur and Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh.
The IMD has said that heavy isolated rain may continue on Friday in coastal Andhra,. The rising waters of the krishna River are a concern, with parts of Vijayawada city and other parts of the krishna district being flooded on Wednesday. Authorities are on watch for any sign of large-scale havoc wreaked by the floodwaters.
From Friday onward no rainfall warning has been sounded for Rayalseema or neighbouring Telangana.
On Tuesday, hyderabad, the capital of Telangana, received its highest 24-hour rainfall of the season, at 31.8mm (recorded on Wednesday morning). With over 200 mm rainfall during the same period, Nalgonda district also broke an over century-old rainfall record.
Amaravati, the capital of Andhra Pradesh, got 28.2 mm rain on Tuesday through Friday.
Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call on Monday. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai