Devipatnam (Andhra Pradesh): As many as 21 people have been rescued from the tourist boat which capsized on godavari river near Devipatnam in East Godavari district on Sunday, authorities have said. Indian Navy officials said that rescue operations will resume on Monday after it was called off due to low-light conditions.
Out of the 21 people rescued, 15 are from Andhra Pradesh and the remaining seven from hyderabad in Telangana.
Earlier on Sunday, the State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA) had informed that 11 people lost their lives when the boat ferrying 61 persons on board capsized in the river. Prime Minister Narendra modi, Defence Minister rajnath singh, Home Minister amit shah, Andhra Pradesh chief minister jagan Mohan Reddy among others condoled the demise of people in the tragic incident.
Chief Minister Reddy has announced Rs 10 lakh ex-gratia for the bereaved families and asked for a complete report on the incident. All the boating services in the region have been suspended. Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan expressed grief over the boat accident and spoke to Chief Secretary LV Subrahmanyam over the phone and enquired about the incident and relief operations.
Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says New Delhi sources stated that after meeting P Chidamabaram at Tihar Jail, Congress lawmaker Karti Chidambaram on Tuesday said that his father is in good spirits and "procedural games" are being played against him for political theatrics. Karti told media "I came to meet my father as I am entitled to meet him twice a week. He is in good spirits and whatever these procedural games are being played are for political theatrics".
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case