YS jagan Mohan Reddy Government nominated seven special invitees to the Board and, in the process, ran into controversy for nominating AJ Sekhar (J sekhar Reddy). He is a sand mining baron who was arrested for being in possession of huge amounts of new Rs 2,000 notes post-demonetization during I-T raids.
He was TTD Member back then and YSR Congress made huge allegations on him saying that he is a Binami of Chandrababu Naidu and gave 100 Crore Party Fund to get the TTD Board Member Post. He was removed in 2016 after he came under the scrutiny of the I-T department, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Enforcement Directorate (ED). So, the government has come under huge criticism with this appointment.
But then, the Government defends its move saying that sekhar Reddy is currently president of the Local Advisory Committee of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam in Chennai and such Presidents automatically gets nominated as Special Invitees. If that is really the case, the Government should have changed the rules to keep the tainted man out of the TTD.
Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call on Monday. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai