Reportedly Finance Minister Nirmala Seetharaman said "The current corporate tax rate has been brought down to 22% from 30%. Meanwhile the effective tax rate will be 25.17% inclusive of all surcharges and cess for such domestic companies and for new manufacturing companies the existing tax rate is 25% which has been brought down to 15%. The effective tax rate after surcharges and cess will be 17%".
Seetharaman in a press conference ahead of the GST Council meet in goa said "In order to promote growth and investment, a new provision has been included in the Income Tax act, that allows any domestic companies an option to pay income tax at the rate of 22% without exemptions. Amendments will be made through an ordinance to IT Act and these companies will not be required to pay MAT".
Moreover Seetharaman announced companies which pay income tax at 22%, without any exemption or incentives, will not be required to pay Minimum Alternative Tax. Hence making the announcement, the finance minister said the new tax rate will be applicable from the current fiscal which began on April 1. Perhaps Seetharaman said that the revenue foregone on reduction in corporate tax and other relief measures will be Rs 1.45 lakh crore annually and this, she said, is being done to promote investment and growth.
Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue As per report Telangana Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan had met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi. This was her first meeting with Modi after taking over as the Governor on September 7. Meanwhile according to an official release in Hyderabad, the Governor submitted a report to the Prime Minister on various initiatives taken up in Raj Bhavan like implementation of plastic free campaign
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case
- Giving all public sector banks a "lifeline" is today her primary duty: Nirmala Sitharaman
- PM Modi called opposition parties 'shameless' during campaigning for Maharashtra Assembly polls
- Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati?
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks