hyderabad sources reported that the Telangana government on Thursday announced a 28 per cent share in the profit of Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) to its employees for 2018-19. Recently Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao announced in the state legislative Assembly that each employee will get a bonus of Rs 1,00,899, which is Rs 40,530 more than the last year's bonus and he said that this is Telangana government's dussehra festival gift for the employees of SCCL.
Furthermore the company, owned by the Telangana government and the Centre on a 51:49 equity basis, earned record net profit of Rs 1,765 crore during 2018-19. Earlier in 2017-18, each worker was paid Rs 60,369 as part of the 27 per cent profits shared with the workers and the company, which has a workforce of over 56,000, had clocked a net profit of Rs 1,212 crore in 2017-18.
Moreover he pointed out that the company, which had produced 50.47 million tonnes of coal in 2013-14, had been increasing production every year. Reportedly in 2018-19, the coal production went up to a record level of 64.41 million tonnes and the net profit grew from Rs 418 crore in 2013-14 to Rs 1,765 crore in 2018-19. kcr, as Rao is popularly known, said the public sector undertaking is playing a key role in the development of Telangana.
BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali Reportedly with its employee unions threatening a day long hunger strike on Friday over delayed salaries during the festival season, state run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has said that it is hopeful of paying salaries to its 1.76 lakh employees for September before Diwali. BSNL chairman and MD P.K. Purwar told "We will give salaries to the employees before Diwali from our own resources on accruals.
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370
- P Chidambaram says GST is main cause of economic slow down
- If BJP wants to reinvigorate economy, abolish Personal Income Tax
- 2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut
- NASA manages to locate Chandrayaan 2's Vikram Lander for the Second time
- Penalty imposed on SB & LVB for non-compliance with RBIs directions on Frauds classification
- Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana?
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR